BrickCan is committed to providing a safe, respectful, and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion. By participating at the event, you agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct which is available on our website.
This Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior. It applies to all events and event-related activities. BrickCan reserves the right to amend, alter, or terminate this Code at any time for any reason.
All event participants, including VIBs, guests, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, staff, public attendees, media and others, are expected to help us maintain a safe and positive event experience for everyone.
All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behaviour are in BrickCan’s sole discretion and the decision(s) of the BrickCan representatives on-site will be final.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behaviour.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.
- Alert BrickCan directors if you witness unacceptable behaviour.
Unacceptable behaviour includes intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning conduct. Examples of unacceptable behaviour include, but are not limited to the following…
- Harassment includes offensive comments (verbal, written, or otherwise) related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing materials, photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events (whether verbal or otherwise); inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Sexual harassment includes unnecessary physical contact, unwanted touching, intrusive sexual questions, comments of a sexual nature, comments about bodies or appearance, and unwelcome sexual solicitations or advances.
- Physical, written, verbal or other abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates apprehension in a person, as determined by BrickCan directors, in their sole discretion.
- Possession of any item that can be used as a weapon, which may cause danger to others if used in a certain manner.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behavior or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs,
- Smoking – other than in designated areas.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the Venue.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behaviour
Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated. BrickCan directors and/or venue staff may take any action they deem appropriate, including expulsion without refund, and potential involvement of law enforcement officials.
What to do if you are Subject to or Witness Unacceptable Behaviour
If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a BrickCan director as soon as possible. They will help contact the appropriate officials, security, or law enforcement; they can help arrange to safely escort you or others if needed, or they can otherwise assist you with the situation at hand.
Video recordings and photographs are being taken at this event. By entering you agree to have your image and likeness used by BrickCan.
If you cannot locate a BrickCan director, please email us at conduct at brickcan.com